Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cuddle up with a Malt

It's a bi-annual tradition...my dear friend Jan and I went to Gunther Toody's tonight for birthday malts. Tonight we celebrated Jan's birthday. Though almost a month after her special day, I guess it's time to say better late than never. It's always the same order, two chocolate malts, and then we'll take one to go (for her dear husband Ty at home). For those who have never been to Gunther Toody's, you never quite know what you are going to get. It's a 50s diner with a waitstaff unlike any other. For my birthday back in June, we had a boisterous, outspoken gal who made me wear a funky hat and get up and dance a jig with her. Tonight we had sweet Cuddles, who left an impression on both my friend and I as one of the sweetest servers we have ever had.
Those malts came and they did not disappoint. We caught up on two months of needed girl talk and just let the Lord minister to our hearts through an amazing friendship He put together years ago on a church praise team. Cuddles asked if we were sisters...though not by blood we certainly are by faith.
Tonight I'm reminded of the Lord's goodness and of His love for us. May the Lord pour out so much blessing on each of you this year that you simply would not be able to contain it.

1 comment:

the swedish fish said...

Such a wonderful tradition we have! I love our times together, but mostly I love you!!!!!!
Thank you!!